Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bob Clark!



This picture was taken our last day on the Big Island as we were touring around like tourists. This is called Magic Sands beach because the waves sometimes come and wash the sands completely out into the ocean, leaving only the lava until the water brings back the sand. It's a pretty cool beach. See how all the people are riding that wave? We enjoyed watching.


We spent today getting ready to go to Houston tomorrow and I still have some things to do right quick and get to bed. We went to a banquet with Dorothy and David tonight and that was really nice. On our way we stopped to see Don's 2nd cousin who turned 90 today. We also stopped to see our friends who used to live next door and preach for us here. It was a great day of visiting and we thank God for the opportunity to have these folks in our lives.


I got 2 more mice in the sticky traps last night. I also found that the mice had found my stash of chia seeds in the basement. Ugh. So, I cleaned up that mess and put a sticky trap down there to get whoever the culprit is down there. It's a battle, but I will win. I'm not bigger than many people, but I am bigger than a mouse. I'm learning to be a bully. Ha!


(Bob Clark is my friend who went to school with me at Itazuke; he and his wife, Diana, live here in Hobart and they are great friends! You saw them on the blog when they came to see us when we were 'living' in Houston for surgery and radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment