Tuesday, August 25, 2009

MD Anderson report good.



This is a picture Aki took of Judy with us at the Goode Company Barbecue place where they took us to dinner tonight. I am still hurting from eating so much. Maybe it's from laughing so much! Judy and I had so much fun, as did Don. We got to spend the whole afternoon together and Don got to shake his head in wonder at both of us. Aki worked a really long day yesterday, so he got to be the first one off today, and we got to spend more time than usual with him, too. It was a wonderful visit.

The report I got at MD Anderson was, as I expected, uneventful. She didn't see anything about which we needed to be concerned. My liver numbers were higher than usual on the blood tests, so she wants me to have blood tests on my liver run again next month and fax them to her. She noted that it's been over a year since my last bone scan, so she had me do a bone density scan today. She'll call me with the results of that. She was content to see me again in six to eight months as long as I assured her that I will call her if I have any issues develop. I was very pleased.

When I was having treatments here I never wore any make up and I had no hair. Essentially I looked like death warmed over, but I was up and walking. So, when they see me now with a mop of curly hair and makeup, I have really come to life. They think I look great. That's an easy trick. You women out there go without eye makeup for a couple of years and shave your head; then when you grow hair and start wearing makeup people will think you look awesome! (That year that you abandon makeup and have no hair is really an easy maintenance year, too! It's nothing to get up and get ready to go somewhere; you just throw on some clothes and pull on a handful of hats so you don't freeze. I really don't recommend it, though.)


I thank God that I feel like wearing makeup and combing my hair. I thank Him for the opportunity to live and tell this story. I thank Him for great care and for family and friends to encourage me through it. I thank Him for getting to share today with Don, too; I sure missed him yesterday. Today felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment