Friday, October 15, 2010

Late Happy Birthday, Gina!


I didn't forget Gina's birthday; we sent a card before we left for Don's reunion and I told her Happy Birthday on FB, but I forgot to put it on the blog and her daddy reminded me today. Gina, you know you're supposed to celebrate all month, right? Actually every single day! I saved a great picture I got of you when we were there to post on your birthday, but I'm in the middle of this ceiling repair saga, so your picture will come tomorrow, in honor of the continued celebration! Tonight's picture is the ceiling with no hole for which we are so pleased! There is no plastic hanging and no blue tape in the kitchen. Woo hoo! Plus, notice Trish on the right is up and smiling! That's Sadie on the left. Trish is doing so much better today; she has released me to go home TOMORROW! I've loved the chance to be here, but it'll be so good to get home! Home is always so good and I belong wherever Don is!

Today Trish took the last of her liquid pain killer and took her first pain PILL. That was something we were both dreading because she has so much trouble swallowing. She did it with the greatest of ease, though! She was able to eat a burrito with us at supper, so that was really good, too. I'm so pleased. In the morning she has a little meeting to attend at the shopkeepers where she has a little shop in an antique mall. Gabe has his driving permit, so he will drive her. He is going to go to the meeting with her to play easy guitar music during their meeting. This will be a good test to see how she does with an excursion. I'll fix lunch and be ready to go when they get home. That's the plan. I thank God for giving us healing bodies.

Trish brought the flashlight for me to look at her throat today. YIKES! It looks HORRIBLE, but that's how it's supposed to look. She showed me a picture on the Internet of how an adult tonsillectomy looks and hers is a classic. Gag! No wonder it hurts! Until today she couldn't even open her mouth wide enough for me to see; her whole jaws have even been sore. I imagine they propped her open with some kind of vice or something so they could get in there and get the job done. She brought the tonsils home to show the kids and they were sure nasty! I think it's a really good thing that she is free from those! Gretta had hers out in June and I feel terrible that I couldn't have been there to help her. I had no idea it was this big a deal! Watch for Gina's picture tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Jane, thanks for your input. I'll make a note of that cough syrup in case I need it in the future, but I hope I never need it!

    Tricia's sore throat is due to her tonsillectomy last Monday. She's doing much better. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete