Thursday, October 28, 2010

Power washer story.


The picture tonight was taken back in April, when I was so proud of my Decker irises. I put in on here tonight so that you can see the siding on our bedroom. The house is red brick, but we added our master suite to the house when we moved in to be able to be on site to take better care of Don's dad. We put vinyl siding on the addition. That was 11 years ago. Don has sprayed it with water a time or two, but it had never been cleaned. A couple of months ago he came in and asked me if we have a mop he could use to clean the siding. I insisted that would never work and about that time a guy I really respect on FaceBook (Sam Jones) said he was doing some power washing at his house. I asked what equipment he had and immediately ordered it. So, have you seen the commercial on TV for Excedrin where the folks power wash their patio (or something)? I thought that was so funny! Until today when we power washed the addition. Don did the tall stuff and I did the short stuff. Man! It sure DID need washing, but now both of us are hurting and need some Excedrin! I totally missed that point of the commercial! I thought we were doing so good to not get slung all over the back yard by the power washer. Little did I realize we were using muscles that have been out of use for years! Someone should have taken a picture, but we didn't. Maybe I'll get one tomorrow of the clean job! We nearly froze out there, though. We got soaking wet, and it was warm in the sun, but the sun went down! We learned that this is a job for July! Anyway, it's done and I thank God that we lived through it. Actually, there is one side wall that we didn't get to do. It's okay with me if that wall stays dirty until we have another 100 degree day, but Don may want to do it sooner. Maybe I'll take a dirty picture of that wall and then a clean picture of the other walls. I'll sure sleep good tonight, if I can ever get warm! My toes were iced out there! I had to get out our rice buddies and heat them up to get our feet and hands warmed, even after showers!

2 comments:

  1. Love the power wash story...I'm going to rent one to do my deck...used one at Ashley's this summer and they are awesome. In this picture you look just like Gretta or I should say Gretta looks just like you BUT you look young enough to be Gretta! Have a great day. Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, thanks for the compliment. I always love it when someone says that Gretta and I look alike because I think she is really beautiful. I see so much of my mother in her that it's hard for me to see myself in her. I still love to hear it. Most of the time I feel young, but after we got through power washing I felt 80 or so. Ha! They do work great! Good luck with your deck. We need to wash our sidewalks, too and the car. I know it works really well on the sidewalks because we did a little the other day. I didn't realize how dirty they were until I went to wash some leaves off and it cleaned off the dirt, too! Have fun, but don't freeze; pick a warm day!

    Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete