Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Still itching; maybe it will frost tonight?

This is a picture Don took tonight. It's my mimic of Linda Rose for a pose. She has some modeling experience and she poses so beautifully for pictures. I'm practicing. Every time I think to mimic Linda we get a better picture! That standing tall and straight is really a good plan! Thanks Linda for being a good example for me. I would have never dreamed of standing 'tall!'

It was another gorgeous day here today, but it was cool this morning and tonight. It's fall and really perfect weather. We had a great walk around the park and several other blocks today. My eyes are begging for a frost, though. They are raw, but I have some drops that help and the Benedryl helps. It sure makes me sleepy, though!

Often when we walk we'd see a nice little man (He was 88.), who was known for walking. Sunday he had a heart attack and died; we went to his funeral today. At his funeral the song leader from church sang "My God and I." I thought it was so appropriate. Do you know that song? "My God and I go through the fields together. We walk and talk as good friends should and do. We clasp our hands; our voices ring with laughter . . . " It's a favorite song of mine. I can only imagine that this sweet man is absolutely walking with God and he is blessed though his body is no longer with us. We will miss him, but not forget him. Rest in peace, Paul Barton.

No comments:

Post a Comment