Monday, April 4, 2011

Another escape.


Today's picture is one of the Road to the Sea beach on the Big Island. It is a once in a lifetime thing to see. It was absolutely gorgeous, but it took us a couple of hours in a 4 wheel drive jeep to get close to it. Then we had to walk the last mile. It was worth it to go, but I doubt we'll spend that time, again. Not to mention it was a ROUGH ride! Thanks to Davy and Susan who rented the jeep and had the patience to go there; great memories! I think this puts us into a very elite group of folks who have seen this because nobody has time to go clear out there! Thankfully, we took a lunch and plenty of water. This looks like a small place, but it's because there is nothing to which the eye can compare. Just the tall cliff part of the beach is about a city block long; I KNOW, because I was convinced there was a shortcut right at the cut in that cliff, so I walked over there. Yep, and had to walk all the way back because there was not shortcut. :)


So, I escaped to the Road to the Sea beach because I'm dreaming today! The reality is that it's been in the low 60's today, but the wind was blowing so hard it sounded like it was freezing! I got some headway made in my computer efforts. The old laptop is thriving, but it's wireless card is dead. So, I ordered a new wireless usb adapter for it. It may not get here any time soon, but I've done all I can do and have high hopes of it working one day and probably before this one is repaired. This one comes and goes. As soon as the box for shipping arrives it will GO! I can get by on Don's desktop until I get the wireless adapter for the old laptop. I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks about computers. It's a bunch of stuff I never wanted to know. I think I've peaked out on my agitation level and I'm calming, again. I thank God for His patience with me and I thank Him for providing a patient husband and friends.


By the way, my patient husband is down to 193. It's a wonder the wind didn't blow him out of town today when he went outside. I'm really proud of him for getting rid of that extra weight. I think we'll be able to stay slim as we never want to go through this, again. It's challenging, though! I continue to struggle and need to loose another 15 pounds. He thinks he does, too. It'll be okay as long as we only struggle with this last 15 pounds and don't let a whole bunch pile on, again! 15 pounds is not a crime, unless it's on top of sever other 15 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment