Monday, April 18, 2011

The enchanting statement:


Hannah is our great niece, and she married Trevor. In the ceremony the preacher, who was a friend of Trevor's, said that one time Trevor told him that he thought marriage would be like falling in love with the same person over and over, again. I had never thought of it that way and I think it is such an enchanting way to think of marriage. I'm most impressed that a young newly wed has thought of it that way. Hannah is an attorney (she is a public defender in Saint Louis, if I'm not mistaken), and Trevor is an anesthesiologist with one year left of residency. They are SO much fun! It's a relief to me to know that two people with such serious careers can be such warm, loving, and happy, fun loving people. We are also so pleased that they've found each other! Tonight's picture is one of them in the cake cutting ceremony. This was the cake for the ceremony; they had a couple of yummy looking cakes that they served to everyone. Don and I don't do sugar, so we just admired the cakes from afar. :)

Today has been rather hairy. I learned that the laptop had to be stripped, once again! I am now going through the process of loading everything back onto it. Right now, it's STUCK and doing nothing, so I had to use Don's old relic desktop to do the blog, again. I had hopes that my laptop might really be fixed, but I'm beginning to wonder, again. Ugh. I just thank God that I can still fumble with it. Mostly, tonight, I thank God for the life that Hannah and Trevor will have together and for their influence on me. I loved that concept of falling in love with the same person over and over, again. I thank God that I'm married to the kind of guy I can fall in love with over and over, again! I hope you found Trevor's remark about marriage enchanting, too! Thanks for waiting for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment