Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dorothy and David update.


Dorothy and David are our really good friends, who really struggle with their health. I shouldn't say that because they don't STRUGGLE, but they enjoy every moment that they can even though they face many challenges. I was so pleased to be able to take this picture of them playing cards last night! David has very advanced COPD and he feels like he is drowning all the time. Often he gets an infection and it's so difficult for him. I admire this man so much. I've seen him through lots of really tough times and I know that there are no easy time for him, but I have never heard him be the least bit impatient or unkind. I seek to follow his example. Dorothy has macular degeneration and really can see so little. I'm amazed that she can still play cards, but she's a champ! She also has a bad back and suffers a lot with that, sometimes barely walking. They are an amazing couple, and we treasure them in our lives. It was sure a delight to finally get to put together a canasta game last night.

Speaking of bad back. I am doing very well with doing my exercises and working on all the equipment I have. I got the pain level down to 4 one day, but it's usually around 5 or 6. I've ordered another piece of equipment that is supposed to help. I hope to have it in the next couple of weeks. Man, if I can get a computer that works right and something to help get my pain level down to 2 or 3 I'll be in such good shape!

The sun shined today, so we were so happy to be warm. A cold front is coming and we're going to put the quilt back on the bed for a few days, I think. Maybe we'll get some much needed rain, though! We have so many fires when it's dry like this and the poor farmers really suffer. I thank God that we haven't had more fires, and thank Him that we haven't had tornadoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment