Thursday, April 7, 2011

Laptop is on it's way to repairville.


Last night's picture was one of me hanging straight down from the inversion table. Tonight's is a little different. Notice that I'm not hanging only from the hooks in my boots. I'm resting on the 'bed' of the inversion table. I could really lay like that for hours; it's not so tough on my ankles and feet and still gives a lot of relief to my back. The absolute hanging is so relieving to my back, though. I tend to go with the 'If a little will do a little good then a heap will do a heap of good' theory, so hanging is what I do most. Both are such good treatment for my back and hip, though. The hard thing is setting up to hang and then getting back up when I'm done. Nothing seems to be easy, anymore. But, I'm so grateful to own this table and have a place to keep it.

When we got home from Branson I could barely make it down the stairs and could only make it back up with one step at at a time and pulling banister, mostly. I can go down and up taking one step with each foot, now and only use the banister for balance. So, I think it's good, and I thank God for the improvement. I just have to keep doing this a couple of times a day or more. I'm a little scared about going to Kansas next week for our niece's wedding with no equipment. I'll be wearing a 10's unit; maybe that will get me through. Then the week after that I have to go to Houston for my MD Anderson check up. I sure hope the 10's unit will get me through! I could break down and use some Ibuprofen, I guess. I just don't want to depend on that stuff and wear out my kidneys!

I did this all on Don's computer. Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Jo Honey, use the Ibuprofen because it will control the inflammation that is a major contributor to your pain. Hope you get better soon and before your trip! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Linda. Thanks for your input. I love and respect you so much. I'll take a bottle with me. Thanks for being on 'my side.' I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I guess bats have great backs and hips because they hang that way all the time I have heard. :)

    Seriously, I hope you continue to improve. Do but don't over do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! HB, maybe that's why some call me the old bat? Some call me the old witch doctor over the herbs, so I guess the old bat makes sense too, since I don't play any kind of ball! I'll get better and better, I think, but it's not happening just yet. I have hope and I love that inversion table; it gives me hope because it sure gives me relief! Thanks for caring, HB!

    ReplyDelete