Friday, July 22, 2011

David is home.


This is a picture I took about 6 weeks ago, I think. We'd like to be playing cards, now, but I don't think David's up to that. Maybe next week. He IS at home and doing a little better. He's such a dear guy; we all hate for him to be down, but he's on his way back up to feeling better. He got to come home yesterday. Linda, thank you so much for sending them a card. They got it today and were thrilled so much to hear from you. How sweet you are! We sure love and miss you! I thank God for good friends and for the health all of us are able to maintain.

We made it to 30 days of 3 digit temperatures in a row. For a while we thought it might not get up past 99. It was 99 and cloudy at 1 this afternoon, but it made it up to 103 by 5. It's hot most everywhere in the country and I like the hot. It's so hard on the farmers and ranchers, though. We'll all pay next year; beef is going to go sky high, I'm afraid. I've learned so much that I DON'T know about farming since we moved here. I thought farming was a huge garden and a couple of cows and pigs. Oh, no! Around here they have acres and acres of wheat and cotton and more head of cattle than I can count. It's a really big deal and our whole country depends on the farmers and their ability to produce. We're praying for rain; the heat we can take, but we sure do need a good rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment