Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

This is a picture Don took a month ago. We need to take some more current pictures, but we can't seem to get the energy. Maybe tomorrow.

It got to 106 here today and it's down to 96, now. We have a burn ban since we haven't had rain since anyone can remember, so we have no fireworks. We're watching fireworks on TV. I've always been afraid of fireworks, so this is okay with me. I had a friend who had his finger blown off with fireworks, so that was an adequate lesson for me! I thank God for all my fingers and toes, so I'm not interesting in blowing any to Timbuktu!

Many folks have died to give us freedom. I think we can celebrate that without doing damage to ourselves! I thank God for our freedom and pray that we will be brave enough and smart enough to do what it takes to keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment