Saturday, July 23, 2011

Really precious friends!

Today started off so fun! Bob Clark called just as we were leaving for the Kozy Diner and said, "Is there going to be a mini-reunion at the Kozy Diner?" I said, "You betcha! We're just leaving; see you there!" So we met them there and before we got our order in walked David and Dorothy! We were so surprised because David has just been out of the hospital a couple of days. The big, round table was open, so we picked up our drinks and moved over there. What a treat to all meet there! As you look at the picture, that's David and Dorothy Rule, Diana and Bob Clark, and me. Don was taking the picture, so you don't get to see him. It was a great way to start a day! I sure thank God for these great friends and for David's ability to bounce back. If you look close, you'll see he's smiling, as everyone else is. Don probably said something silly. :)

We came home and laid in the sun for a bit. It's 104 now; no telling if it was hotter for a while because we forgot to look. We've had no rain to measure for weeks. I mowed twice, but the attention the yard has had. Don thinks he can mow whenever the grass grows, I thank God for that, too. I didn't mind mowing, but starting that thing was a horrendous challenge for me.

I've got ground beef to patty up and cook tonight. Then I'll freeze it and get it out as Don eats it. There's always some chore. There are tons of other chores around here to do, but I'm pretty lazy and they're just calling me as I ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment