Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No piddling around tonight.


Tonight's picture is one from the mini reunion. After the dinner at the Olive Garden, we went over to the hotel where Bob and Diana and another from our group were staying. Patsy opened her room up to us because she had a suite, so here were half of us. Terri, who calls me Sissy, is on the left. Then Bob Clark, who just got back from 4 months in Kazakhstan. Between Bob and I is, Dana, who also comments on here, fairly often. Next to me is Jerry Grant, whose grandson, Dallas took this picture for me. On the far right is Debbie, Dana's sister. What a terrific group; I wish we could have fit everyone into the picture!

Now, today Don let me sleep until 9:50! I am such a good sleeper! I had stayed up late last night making a bunch of quiche which I put into the freezer, intending to take it out one day at a time as I use it. We were headed to the Kozy Diner for Breakfast and then to see David and Dorothy, as David had gone into the hospital yesterday! When Don opened the garage door he said, "Oh, no!" My first thought was the van had a flat or something; then I thought it might be something about the freezer. Sure enough; the door was barely open and there was water all over the floor. UGH! When I put the quiche in last night I had to push the door to close it, but I guess it wouldn't stay and came open. I thought I could close the door and it would refreeze anything that thawed. Not so. I checked it awhile ago and it wasn't refreezing. So, I spent the last couple of hours defrosting the freezer in 102 degrees in the garage. So, I'm exhausted. As soon as I get a bath I'm going to bed! In only had one package of beef in the freezer and it was still frozen! Mostly what I keep in there is stuff that could refreeze and wouldn't hurt unless I never refroze it. I buy butter when it's on sale and keep it in the freezer, etc. (Tortillas, bread, nuts, etc.)

They are treating David for congestive heart failure and he is doing a little better today. The good thing is that he has no fever and seems to have no infection at all.

So, no piddling around for me. I'm going to soak in the tub and go to bed. I hope when I get up in the morning that everything is refrozen in the freezer!
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment