Saturday, July 9, 2011

New haircut.




I posted a minute ago by accident. I thought I stopped it, but it went! I hadn't written anything, yet, and just hit the wrong key. Anyway, here is the new haircut; a slightly different shot. I'm liking it okay, but I'm not at all used to it. I see this picture on Face Book and bend over to look closer to see who it is! When I look up in the mirror it's kind of a shock. I've had long hair for a long time and for years before that I had really short hair. This is something new for me. I thought it would still be curly, but it's not NEARLY as curly as it was when if first grew in after the chemo. I guess I'm still on the journey. The back is really short. The sides have those weird curls, so I kept them for fun. I imagine I'll end up chopping those. It's fun for now, though. I so thank God for giving me life after breast cancer and hair for fun, too!

My good friend, Vereal Barton sent me a note the other day advising me that Acetaminophen is hard on the liver, not the kidneys. I studied up on it and he's so right. It's especially important to me because the one test that worries my oncologist is that my ALT is sometimes high; that has to do with liver health. I'm not concerned about it because it has been high off and on for 25 years. Ever since I've given blood that was a number that was always off, and one time they asked me not to give for a year because of it. It never amounted to anything more than a number out of whack; like I'm only 5 feet tall and women should be taller. My height number is just off a bit, and so is my ALT number, but neither seems to be a real problem. However, I DO NOT want to aggravate my liver or my ALT number! So, I'm taking Ibuprofen instead of Acetaminophen. And most days I only take 2; the dosage is 2 every 6 hours as needed. So, I'm so thankful that I'm doing better and better with my hip and back. Thanks, Vereal, for keeping up with me and keeping me informed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment