Thursday, July 7, 2011

Even hotter; 112 today!


This picture is one of Ruthie and Phil at the reunion, with Raynie in Phil's lap. The kids can't wait to see them, every year. They think Phil is really special! Last year Gracie was calling him her Granddaddy. She just knew he was really special, so she figured he was her Granddaddy since nobody else is. Rob's stepdad is Papa Sam and Don is Poppy. Anyway, we explained that he was her UNCLE and Raynie caught that big time. She wanted to introduce him to all the other kids as her UNCLE this year. Those girls are too funny. Uncle Phil is wonderful to make them feel really special and they climb all over him! Fun, fun times and precious memories.

The heat wave continues. I think they said we've had 15 days in a row over 100 degrees. It seems longer than that to me. It was 112 today; they predicted 103 and missed it! All I know to do is to stay inside as much as possible and give thanks for the AC! God knows what He's doing, so who am I to question it? It's not a tornado, so that's good! Our basement isn't flooding, so that's good! I've got sense enough to stay inside, so that's good! See? Things are good! Actually, I broke down and took Acetaminaphin yesterday and today and it's amazing how much that helps! (Linda, I know you said weeks ago to go ahead and take some and you were so right! I wasn't ignoring you and I thought of it every day, but I was busy being hard headed and saving my kidneys. I finally decided that I'd rather have kidney problems down the road than live with this pain for the rest of my life. Something has got to kill me, so kidney problems can be it if that's how it goes.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment