Saturday, July 16, 2011

Wonderful trip.

So sorry; no picture tonight, but I'll have a good one for tomorrow! We made it to the mini reunion, but barely.


We left early this morning and thought things were going well. Thought we'd get here in time to hang out by the pool before the mini reunion. Nope. About 4 miles before we got to our hotel the van died. Dead. Don coasted over to the side of the road and we called road side assistance. An hour and a half later (sitting in the 3 digit heat; the number I don't need to know, but it was high noon and later) a wrecker came and got us. He took me to the hotel and took Don back to his shop where they fixed it. I got the shuttle driver at our hotel to take me, so I got to eat at the Olive Garden with the group. Don had to wait while they repaired it and then drove to get me. He got there in time to see about 10 folks who were hanging around at the hotel where Bob and Diana were staying. We got back here a bit ago and I'm posting from the business center. Funny; they don't have any pictures on their computer for me to post. :)

I thank God for the tree we could sit under while waited and the breeze that kept it bearable! I also thank God for the two couples who stopped to help and offered us water. It's encouraging when folks are so kind. Fortunately we had called for help and we had plenty of water, but I was happy to see nice folks. The guy who picked us up in the wrecker was really nice, too! I thank God for friends who are worth going through days like this to see, too! Woo hoo! I'll have pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment