Thursday, October 25, 2012

A fun social day!

We had just gotten out of bed this morning when the phone rang.  We had a lunch date with Joan and Dorothy, so I said, "If that's the school calling, I'm not going!"  It wasn't the school; it was Bob Clark calling to see if we wanted to join him and Diana for breakfast at the Kozy Diner.  So, our social day began with breakfast at the Kozy Diner with dear, dear friends.  We came home and worked a bit and then it was time to pick up Joan and Dorothy for lunch.  Joan is the one who looks after the house when we are gone.  She takes care of our mail and takes care of any issue that arises; she's amazing.  Both Joan and Dorothy play cards with us; they are just absolute dear friends.  Today when Lee went in to get Dorothy and bring her out to the truck, Joan said, "Lee's good to Dorothy just like Don was."  I agreed with her and later told him what she had said and told him that I appreciate him loving her like he does.  He said, "If she was my mother, I'd sure want someone to be good to her."  He's a dear guy and I'm blessed to have him to share my life and precious friends.

We go tomorrow to Oklahoma City for a regular check up that Lee has with his general practitioner.  Dorothy's sister has been critically ill in the hospital and is home, so she's riding with us.  We'll drop her off as soon as we get to town and then we'll pick her up after we run all our errands.  So, tomorrow will be another big day for all of us.  I'm doing my best to get us to bed early because we'll pick Dorothy up at 8.  Lee can't eat until after his appointment, so we won't have to fool with breakfast, but we'll be ready for lunch!  We have lots of errands to run, so I'm headed to bed, thanking God for abundant blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment