Monday, October 29, 2012

Prayer request!

This picture was taken 8 days ago when we were visiting Ruthie and Phil at their house.  A week ago tomorrow Phil woke up and couldn't use his right arm or hand.  He saw the doctor and was given a dose pack of steroids.  He's been resting all week and getting a little better each day.  Today he felt like his left arm and leg and left side of his face were king of numb; like he'd slept on them wrong.  They called 911 and all checked out good except his blood pressure was spiking.  They took him to the ER and admitted him.  He's had an EKG and a brain scan and there seems to be no problem.  However, his blood pressure continues to spike, so they're keeping him to observe him.  My sister is a basket case, of course!  She has MS and is very dependant on Phil.  This is going to be very difficult for both of them.  Their son and daughter are with them.  They live nearby and will be a huge help, but I ask you to please pray for Phil's total recover and for strength for Ruthie to get through this.  I thank God for Ruthie and Phil in my life.  I need them and I pray that God will heal Phil and give Ruthie the strength she needs to be tough through these tough times.

We had a perfect trip to Houston and are checked into the hotel.  We have to catch the shuttle at 6:10 in the morning to get to my appointment.  I sure hope they turn me loose to go right home!  We are all in God's hands; aren't we blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment