Sunday, October 7, 2012

The fantastic reunion banquet!

I got someone to take this picture of Lee and I at the banquet last night.  We were about to eat Mexican food for the 5th day in a row, but every time it was really good and the company each time was awesome, too.  The company is always the best part of every meal!

We made it home this evening and we'll all unpacked from the trip and ready for bed.  Ah, it will be nice to be in our own bed.  It was a wonderful trip, but we're both exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep!

I thank God for a safe trip for us and all who traveled to the reunion.  We had 165 at the reunion and that was fantastic.  There were folks there I hadn't seen in 52 years; what a thrill!  We laughed and laughed.  It was such a wonderful time and I thank God for our parents who made the original time in Japan possible and for all that has happened since to make it possible for us to find each other and spend time together, again.  I thank God for Lee, who was such a great sport to meet everyone and encouraged me to enjoy this trip to the fullest.  I'm blessed!

4 comments:

  1. MJ - Yes, it was such a wonderful reunion and so great seeing everyone again.... I am so very glad I came and experienced this with so many others ! We loved meeting Lee and think he is just great ....really fit in well with all of us. We will keep him around ! Loving all of the pics that Bob has posted. Talk to you two soon. Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite !
    Hugs again to you
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a wonderful time. Aren't you glad you sprang for the dinner cruise, too? It was a fun adventure! The best part was all of us together for an adventure! Nashville won't come too soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes !!! so glad we decided to go on the cruise ! it was fantastic and fantastic company ! NJ Russ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just know that whatever happens at a reunion I'd like to be a part of it. I'm not willing to miss anything if I can help it! At DC, I didn't care much about touring the white house, but it was so much fun to do it with the group! I approached the cruise with that in mind. I was scared I'd be sick, but I did fine. The company kept me distracted. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete