Friday, October 26, 2012

Wow; plans change!

Today went great.  We picked up Dorothy this morning and took her with us to OKC, so we could drop her off to spend the day with her sister, Ada.  We went to Lee's check up with his regular doctor and it went well.  We had lunch then and then went over to visit with Trish and her family.  We got to see everyone except Gabe, so that was pretty good!  Raynie got this picture of Lee and I with Sadie; she's a pretty good photographer for being only 5!  After this visit we went by and visited a while with Lee's brother and sister-in-law, so we had a great day of visiting.  We filled up with gas for $2.999 per gallon, so that felt pretty good.  Then we picked up Dorothy and got to even hug her sister, Ada.  God is so good to give us a great day of visiting with awesome, awesome people.  We loved the drive with Dorothy, going and coming:  what a blessing she is!

Then the plot thickened!  We got home and I checked my MD Anderson page and noticed that they have my appointment moved to next TUESDAY at 6:45 a.m.!  I had asked them to move it up and they offered me Wednesday at 9:00 a.m., which I accepted, but they gave  me something new and sooner!  Beggars can't be choosers, so I'm not going to complain about the curve they threw me.  I made a reservation at a hotel about 2 minutes from MD Anderson, so we can go there the day before in the daylight and be close enough to get there by 6:45 in the morning.   At least we'll get the appointment out of the way of Thanksgiving.  I just hope we will get to visit with family down there.  This is going to be such a quick trip because I've got to get this garage sale done before it gets too cold!  It feels like my life is always on 'RUSH.'  I'm sure working to change that mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment