Friday, December 7, 2012

A great day!

I had lots of fun today at school.  I really get a kick out of the middle school kids.  Actually, I love them all.  Today was kind of a wild day, because we had a concert at school from a nearby college.  It just threw our schedule way off, but the kids handled it really well.  Plus we had a training session for the ACT test, so that threw us off schedule, too.  You can tell the kids who are already college material because they are able to buckle right down and get the job done when it's really time to do that.  It was rewarding to me to see the kids step up to the plate.  I think it's just real obvious that I'm really hooked on the kids.  I thank God for the opportunity to do this job.  I'm thinking the teachers may want to be right there with the kids for the next couple of weeks because we are getting so close to break time.  We'll see, but I'm not expecting them to call me so much for the next couple of weeks.

I'm happy to have some time off.  It was good to come home and cook dinner, again, tonight.  I started a pot of beans which we can enjoy this weekend.  We had eggs and fried potatoes for supper; the fried potatoes will go with the beans this weekend, too.  I'm getting finished with the blog so I can watch the Thunder game tonight.  It's nice to be relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment