Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's a slightly different pic; it's all I've got!



This picture looks very much like the one I posted yesterday, but it's slightly different.  I took pics today, but it was of the papers I had ready for the tax preparer and I sent them to her.  I hope that procedure worked and I'll be done until it's time to do our personal taxes.  I dissolved the corporation, so I should be done with reporting for it after this year.  What a relief!

It's really weird to be home all day!  I got 4 loads of laundry done and changed our sheets, plus I finished up the corporate taxes.  I'll have dinner ready in a few minutes.  It feels really good.

I should report on the 'sick and afflicted.'  Lee's sore throat is gone and he seems to be just fine.  His knees, shoulders and back bother him a lot, but we're old, so I think that's to be expected.  We just have to learn to pace ourselves to not do too much and use Ibuprofen sparingly.  His gout and blood sugar seem to be under control.  Praise God!

More praising God over Ruthie and Phil.  They are hobbling along, but, as I said, we're old, so we just have to do a certain amount of hobbling and give thanks for the ability to do that!  Ruthie is still feeling some dizziness from her concussion and Phil is dragging after his stroke.  We think he's dragging because of the meds they have him on to prevent another stroke because other than tired he seems to feel really good.  When I talk to them on the phone they sure sound good and cut up like they feel good.  For a few weeks there we weren't cutting up any; we were all kind of holding our breath until we found out what each test would reveal.  The tests revealed that Phil has had 3 strokes, but 2 of them were old, so must have been back when he didn't even realize it.  All the tests on his heart showed that his heart is in great shape.  Ruthie has tested out really well, too.  So, other than the obvious, (strokes, MS and a concussion) they are doing well considering all.  

We're all alive and up and at 'em.  That's good stuff, in my opinion!  I thank God for bodies that heal and the energy to keep going every day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update on Ruthie and Phil..so glad they are ok and doing better, and glad that Lee is on the mend also!! Have a great day, cold here! Linda

    ReplyDelete