Friday, December 14, 2012

Sad day; I thank God for safety in our schools.

Today we are reminded how brutal life can be.  You'd really think that it would be safe to send your kids to school!  I thank God that our schools in Hobart may be rowdy, but they are certainly safe.  I am so hooked on these kids.  God bless those folks in Connecticut who have suffered such tremendous loss today.

Lee is still fighting a sore throat and he's watched the news all day about this shooting.  It's just so very sad.  I thank God for the safety of all our kids!  I thank Him for their health and for the joy they have been in our lives.

The truth is I pasted that smile on for today's picture; I had to really work at giving thanks and recalling precious moments and that helps to bring a smile.  We have so many reasons to smile even when our hearts are breaking.  God gives us courage and strength and I thank Him for that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment