Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nice day off!

Today and tomorrow are semester tests at school, so I really don't expect to be called.  The elementary schools will be having parties, so I just think I'm done for 2012 and subbing.  It was so nice this morning!  I got up at 6:30 and got ready, then when they hadn't called me by 8:30, I went back to bed and took a 2 hour nap.  I loved it!  I thank God for the opportunity to sub and share some life with the kids, but I also thank Him for a day off; even a couple of months off!

Then we did some grocery shopping and went out to see Dorothy.  I had cut up some apples and celery for her because she's making a cranberry salad for dinner with her grandson's family on Thursday.  While we were out there I put together a sugar free ice box pie for her.  She loves that as much as we do.  Tonight I made her some quiche to have this weekend when our friends are coming for a visit.  The couple who have the little girl, Alyssa, have moved away to go into the mission field and they're coming this weekend for a visit.  They'll stay at Dorothy's house, so I wanted to help her get some food ready to have for them.  We're excited about seeing them.  They were a special part of our lives and we've really missed them.  It's been nice to have a day off to do things I don't always have time to do.  Tonight I'm throwing pills to last until we go to Hawaii, then I have to take enough with me to Hawaii in their original bottles.  Flying is really a pain, anymore, but it's the best way to get to Hawaii!  We don't have long to get ready, so it's starting to get more and more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment