Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Adam.

Our preacher's daughter who is 8 came up with Christmas Adam.  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and Adam was before Eve, so this must be Christmas Adam.  Out of the mouths of babes!  That's a classic and will stick with me for the rest of my life, I hope.

Today we had the devotional at the nursing home and I loved visiting with the folks there.  It wasn't too cold; it would have been nice if the wind weren't blowing, but this is Oklahoma, so we accept and expect wind.  After church we came by the Mexican restaurant and it was OPEN!  It hasn't been open on Sunday for nearly 2 years!  So, we whipped in and hurt ourselves for lunch.  I brought home enough for 3 more meals for me, but we still ate too much.  It was great, though.  Dorothy has company, so she wasn't with us and we sure missed her!  After the nursing home devotional I came home and shelled pecans as I watched a movie.  Now, nothing good is on, so I might go work on my puzzle that has been in the building stage since Thanksgiving of 2011!

I thank God for someone special who will share Christmas Adam, Eve, and Christmas with me.  We're just chilling out and taking it easy this week.  Again, I forgot to take pics while we were dressed today.  Ugh!  I meant to take the camera to church to get pics of Alyssa with me, but I forgot the camera.  Alyssa was sick, so she didn't get to come, anyway.  We saw her daddy this morning and her mommy tonight, but we'll have to see Alyssa the next time.  She has a fever and with a 4 year old that could be most anything, but so far that's her only symptom besides feeling like a wet rag.  We pray that they can continue with their travels and see a doctor with her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment