Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A little 'housekeeping.'


I didn't get a call to sub today, so I've been taking care of little loose ends around here.  One that comes up is what to do about the crazy comments that I get on the blog.  By that I mean the scumbags out there who prey on people.  The blog is set up to catch them, and they don't show them in the comments that are open to everyone.  However, some of you have indicated sometime in the past that you'd like to be on a list that sends the blog to your email; you get the blog in your email as well as any comments that are made on the blog.  That means you get the perverted comments.  They are usually innocent enough in the comments, but if you click on THEIR websites, you may be taken 'over a cliff.'  I apologize for these comments and awful websites.  I have no way to control them except to take you off the mailing list so that you will never see them.  I never respond to them; I sometimes check their website to see if it's someone I know because the message looks innocent enough.  I've learned to just ignore them, but it dawned on me that you might like to be removed from the mailing list.  After all, you can pull up a browser and either type in the address to the blog (maryjoshnell.blogspot.com) or make it a favorite and go there that way; some people put an icon on their desktop, so they can go there easily.  You can go read the blog on your own and not have to put up with scumbag comments and websites.  That's the only alternative I know other than to just stop the blog.  I am not willing to give up on the blog because of a few creeps, but I will surely understand if you would like to be taken off the mailing list.  Please just let me know if you'd like me to remove your address from the mailing list.

I thank God for all the support you people who read the blog have been to me through the thick and thin of the last 6 years.  I pray that the blog has served as a learning tool for folks so that when they face difficult challenges in life, having been through some tough stuff with me will better prepare them; and that sharing my delights will encourage other folks to seize the moments in their lives.

I've muddled around today and cleaned up some things.  I don't know that this has cleaned up anything, but maybe it restates my purpose and will help you to know if you want to stick with me on the mailing list or if you want to just keep finding the blog (or not) on your own.  Thank you for being a vital part of my life.


4 comments:

  1. Hey MJ...don't even worry about me...I find these "strange" comments and especially the last website amusing. No I didn't go to it..but it did make me chuckle just looking at the address. I'm sure you were cringing. Don't even worry about it, most sensible people know better then to click on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well shows what I know. I didn't even know I could get your blog thru my email. I just always go to my browser and favorites, guess that's why I always have to be anonymous. That is the best way for me to go anyways because I only read my mail about once a month.

    Luv u,
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, we have not had any problem or craziness from reading your blog...let's keep on blogging!! Love you! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, and Linda, thanks for being understanding. Sissy, you've got it working perfectly for you, so let's not mess with perfection! I can only do so much with this blog, so I appreciate you all being understanding and wanting to hang with me! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete