Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve!

This pic is slightly different from last nights; I haven't felt like taking pics today.  I'm struggling with a head cold and I'm determined to nip it in the bud.  Lee broke a tooth this morning and it's the one his partial plate hangs onto, so it's pretty important.  His dentist is closed for the rest of the year, so I guess we'll be eating lots of mashed potatoes.  I thank God that nothing is hurting him, though!  I thank God that I have Nyquil and colloidal silver water to throw at this cold, too.  If I can just keep it from going to bronchitis I'll be so pleased!

I didn't post the pie recipe last night because it didn't set up like it should.  I figure out why it didn't, though, so I'm going to go ahead and post it.  The pie is still delicious and if you don't make the same mistake I did it will set up right and be beautiful as well as delicious.

It's nearly sugar free key lime pie::

1 pkg sugar free lime jello
1/4 c. boiling water
2 6oz light key lime yogurt
1 8oz cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

DISSOLVE jello in the boiling water.  (I didn't dissolve it enough; I found some solid pieces of hard jello in my pie, so I'm sure if I had done a better job of dissolving it and stirring it all together with a whip it would have set up better.)  Add the yogurt.  Mex well  & stir in 2/3 of the cool whip.  Pour into the crust and chill.  Ice the top with the remaining cool whip.

When I made it, it was firm enough to ice in about an hour.  I just wish I had used a wire whisk; I think that would have worked better.  It's way yummy, though.  I'm going to make it with different flavors and see how it works.  I'll report my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment