Monday, December 31, 2012

Please pray for Dorothy.

This looked so cute when I saw it that I had to take the picture.  Lee left his boots and hat tok dry after digging the truck out of the snow the other day.  I saw it and it reminded me of a picture of a little tyke in his daddy's Boots and hat; only there's no little tyke, just Papa's boots and hat.  It made me smile and I thought you might smile, too.

Now, the serious news is that Dorothy was taken by ambulance to the hospital last night.  They had called the doctor earlier in the evening and she gave them instructions to get her through the night and told them to bring her to the hospital this morning if she wasn't better.  At 3 this morning Jeff (her grandson) called an ambulance to take  her to the hospital.  She was so sick, but too weak for him to get to his truck.  I called a few minutes ago and talked with her, but she had no idea what they are doing for or with her.  All she knows is that she's on an IV and she's still sick.  The IV will help to get some nourishment into her and keep her from being dehydrated, but something is making her really sick.  She said, "Jo, I'm so sick; I'll talk to you later."  Bless her heart.  Please pray that God will give her the strength to get through whatever this is.

I am doing much better.  I feel like I've been able to keep this crud in my head and it hasn't gone to bronchitis, which is always my greatest fear.  It's all beginning to drain, so that's good.  The drainage causes me to cough and gag and make a terrible scene, but when that's not happening I'm fine.  I'm resting a lot, drinking lots of orange juice and water and taking Vitamin C and antihistamines.  I'm going to stay away from the hospital unless Dorothy needs me.  I don't need to catch what she or anyone else has and I sure don't want to pass around whatever I have!  She's where she needs to be and will have the best of care.  She was the president of the hospital's board of directors for years, so she's highly respected up there.  Thanks for your prayers for her recovery.

3 comments:

  1. I did this blog yesterday and, evidently, forgot to post it! I was so worried about Dorothy all day and I wanted to get the blog up so you could join me in prayer for her. Then I forgot to post it! My baby sister wrote and asked where the blog was or I'd never known until I posted today! I hope nobody was worried about me. I'm really okay, in fact lots better. Thanks, Sissy, for letting me know! The update on Dorothy is that they have her on an IV, so she's getting nourishment. They are treating her for the stomach virus which is going around here and is rather wicked and highly contagious. I'm hoping I'll get to talk to her today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo I'm so sorry to hear about Dorothy. Hopefully its not much and she will recover quickly. Praying for her. Hope your head clears up soon,I had that same crud around Thanksgiving.....it took about 3 weeks for my head to clear.

    See u soon!!

    Luv you

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sissy! My head is doing much better; I can feel it loosening but it just makes me cough. Ugh. Dorothy was better enough to have someone punch in my number on her phone to call me this morning. She's still dragging, but she says she's a little better. They're treating her for some highly contagious stomach virus and she's a fighter, so she'll be okay, I hope! We're headed to OKC today to have Lee's dentist look at the tooth he broke last week. We're hoping it's just a broken crown and they will be able to cement it for him. Otherwise, we'll have to have it done in Hawaii. Glad I'm able to go with him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete