Monday, December 10, 2012

Surviving, thanks to God!

Tonight's picture is Lee's daughter-in-law, Kathy, and her sweet mom, Weltha.  Weltha (I may be misspelling her name.) has recently had open heart surgery and she's doing GREAT!  It was a pleasure to meet her when we visited the week before Thanksgiving with James and Kathy.  I've heard so much about her.  As I age and survive breast cancer, I've observed that most of us are surviving something by this time in life!  I thank God for those of us who have been able to survive and for the blessings we had to live with and love those who didn't survive.  God has a plan and we just have to trust it and accept it and always give thanks.  That's my belief.

Tonight Lee and I went rushing to junior high basketball games.  I thought the games were at 6, but Maggie called me at 4:45 from the game where she was saving us seats.  We dropped everything and rushed over there where she and Dorothy were waiting for us.  Maggie is a great survivor and a dear friend.  Of course, you know that Dorothy is a great survivor and dear friend.  I'll have to get a picture of us all at the next game.  Tonight was a real joy; we won all the games and I got to see some of the kids play who don't always get to play.  There were 4 ballgames and we're exhausted from all the cheering.

They called me today to ask me to help with testing again for the next three days.  So, I'll be working in the morning.  I made my lunch today and they never called for today, so lunch is ready for tomorrow.  I'm doing laundry right quick and then heading to bed.  Hope you're getting to enjoy some basketball and mostly I hope you are grateful for your survival!

2 comments:

  1. You are a treasure and I enjoy hearing about all the people who are treasures to you. Love you!
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Scarlett! YOU are one of my treasures! I love you!

    ReplyDelete