Friday, December 28, 2012

Glad we don't get this often!

This is a pic of Lee digging out a path so we could get out of the driveway yesterday.  Notice the tracks near the pole of the basketball goal and the red bud tree.  He came to within a hair of wrapping that mirror around both of them.  Of course I was having a conniption.  I could have shoveled but he wouldn't let me!  I was so afraid he'd have a heart attack!  He didn't, so, once again, I was worried and it was worthless energy.  I should have been praying!  I pray a lot, but I missed that opportunity.  I've thanked God a lot since we got out of there in one piece.

We didn't go anywhere today.  I don't expect the roads are any better.  It's just better to stay inside when the weather is tricky.  Ice and snow are tricky!  For kids it's fun, but for old people it's way risky!  I'm learning to be more careful with this body.

Today we woke up to more snow, but it was just flurries, but enough to remind us that it's still bad out there. Lee's daughter had hoped to come yesterday and then today, but I think it's just not in the cards for her to make that play at this time.  Maybe we can see her before we go next week when we're in town; if not we can see her when we come home.

Today we started packing for Hawaii.  It's a little bizarre to be packing shorts and tank tops, but we sure won't need these sweat shirts in Hawaii.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment