Monday, December 17, 2012

Blue and gold day.

An algebra teacher had a sick baby this morning, so I had to sub, to my surprise.  I had read somewhere (probably face book) that  on Monday we should wear the school colors if Sandy Nook Elementary School to honor those suffering due to the tragic killing there on Friday. Yellow is not my best color, but I wore it today.  We open each day with the pledge of allegiance and then a moment of silence when we can pray or meditate or just think.  I took that time to thank God for the safety in our schools and for the kids and my opportunity to share in their lives.  I always ask Him to guide me so that I might have some positive impact on the students whose life I get to touch.  They are treasures to me; I'd sure like to be a positive part of their lives.

Tonight the Thunder plays, so I'm doing the blog early so I can be ready to watch and get to bed early in case they call me in the morning.  Lee seems to be doing fine today.  I just have to get used to life with a diabetic!

No comments:

Post a Comment