Monday, March 4, 2013

Guys of the day.

We were able to get to the hospital this morning and see Bryce before he had his surgery.  Here is the world's best Pappa getting a snuggle from his youngest grandson.  Bryce came through the surgery just fine.  We were able to leave OKC at 12:30 and got here around 7:30 tonight.  Man, we're putting a lot of miles on Lee's truck and our bodies.  We thank God for our safe trips and for His care in Bryce's surgery and recovery.  These are two of the sweetest people anywhere!

Tomorrow we see the doc at 10. He may get me started on something immediately and make tomorrow a really full day.  Or, he may let us go to Branson as we had planned.  We're just eager to see what all he has in his bag of tricks.  I'm ready to start the battle.  Lee is diabetic and he lives with that.  Surely I can live with cancer.  By this age most of us have some health issue; if we don't we'd better get braced because something is around the corner.  Thank you for your love and prayers on my behalf.  I will report on this blog just as soon as I possibly can.  Always remember that your love is a precious treasure to me and I love you, too/.

12 comments:

  1. What a cute baby, glad everything went fine for him. I'm so glad you have Lee to help and hold you in the coming months. He's a good guy. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

    Love to you both,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sissy! Yes, Lee is such a blessing. God knew I would need him; what a brick he is. I'm so glad you joined us in Hawaii, so we could all get closer! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Hi MaryJo This is the first time that I have come to you Blog. It is all that I can do to keep up with Face Book and the 100+ E-Mails that I receive daily.

    Akiko and I fly back to Southern California on Thursday after 5+ Months here in Taichung Taiwan. Our time has flown by so quickly and we have had a Great Time. Looking forward to our return later this year.

    I trust the Doc's will have a good plan for you.

    Love

    Akiko and Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, thanks so much for keeping up with us while you and Akiko have been on the other side of the world. It's wonderful that the Internet can keep us close as if we're all in the same town! Welcome to the blog. You can check in at any time. You never have to comment, but you can keep up with what's happening. I know you two will enjoy being back stateside even though you've had a wonderful time over there. What exciting lives you lead! Love you both!

      Delete
  3. Will be thinking about you today MJ...as will hundreds (yes I mean hundreds) of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana, I count on you being there. It's a tremendous support! Love you!

      Delete
  4. so glad to hear the precious baby came through the surgery fine. Yes ! I am one of the hundreds that think about you often and pray for your journey to fight ! You are right MJ, we all have battles to fight ....if not now, they will come and we just have to keep on ....keeping on !
    Love you
    Nancy and David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I hope that by sharing my journey I will not only get lots of support, but it will serve as an education for others. We will all face issues sooner or later and I've found it helps to have some experience and knowledge. Love you so much; thanks for your prayers (I consider when I'm in your thoughts that that is your praying without ceasing.)

      Delete
  5. Mary Jo, I'll be adding you to my daily prayers. You've been such a "spark plug" to the IHS group. It's been so good to get reconnected.
    Love,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .Oh, Alice, thank you so much. I sure appreciate your prayers and compliments!

      Delete
  6. Perfectly Precious!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said it, exactly, Jilly! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete