Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Surprise!

These are our friends, Bob and Diana, who live in Hobart with us.  Bob and I went to school together in Japan, so we've known  each other since we were 13.  He brought Diana to a reunion back in the early 90's, and we've all been close ever since.  Then they moved to Hobart a dozen or so years ago.  They are wonderful friends and feel just like family.  Last night we were having a rowdy game of Nertz and there was a loud knock at the door.  I said, "Uh oh, it's probably security telling us to be quiet!"  We opened the door and there stood Bob holding one of my granddaughters in each arm and Diana all smiles!  We were all thrilled to death to see them!  They visited a bit last night, but they had just arrived in town and needed to go eat and get to bed.  They came back tonight and ate beans and cornbread and salad with us for dinner and stayed to play a great game of hand and foot canasta.  We all loved it!  I know I have got to be one of the most blessed people in the world because I have such dear friends and family!

Elena and Raynie agreed that Bob and Lee look alike!  We thought that was so funny, but from their perspective, they are both tall and  bald with big smiles and strong arms!  All I know is that I thank God for precious grand people in my life as well as the best friends in the whole world.

I went for my 2nd treatment today and they didn't have the meds I needed!  They got me all set up, though, and worked it out to have the meds sent down from Springfield, so I went back at 3 and got my injections.  So far I'm not having any ill effects.  I only had one drug and the last time I had two, so I'm thinking the one that made me sick was the other one.  I only have to have it once a month, so I can deal with that.  I just pray that this combination will work.  This is my 4th day with no head pain, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Sorry this is so late, but I was in a heavy duty canasta game until just a few minutes ago.  God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Jo & Lee, we all are the lucky ones to have you for our friends! You are so generous, hospitable and loving, and a wonderful example of how we all should be soldiers for God in every aspect of our lives! So glad you got your treatment and everything is going smooth, & glad you have both daughters surrounding you with their love! Love and prayers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, for such a sweet note. We had the most wonderful time in Branson. Lee and the kids had never gotten to spend so much time together and it was heart warming to watch them all grow closer and closer. They are all irresistible, so they were all matches made in heaven. I was basking in all the good times. When we played Nertz, Lee escaped to our bedroom so he could read and hear the TV. Nertz is pretty loud! The kids said, "Did we run off Lee?" I insisted he wasn't run off, but he just excused himself to preserve his sanity. He was really fine with it, but Nertz is one of those things you either need to be a part of or escape! It was a wonderful, wonderful time. We've had a rich, rich 3 months of great visits with people we love so much and we count it all as tremendous blessings. We're not done, either. We're still planning to come and see you this summer. Love and miss you!

      Delete
  2. Jo, my "little sister".....I am so amazed with your determination and positive outlook. If smiles and laughter and positive attitude can cure, you've got it licked! I know you and Ruthie get your determination from Mamasan who I always admired. Like you say, you are blessed with many loving friends,family, (wonderful husband) and most important the love of God surrounding you to help you through this battle. I love you! Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Phil, what a sweet note from you. I am honored if I get anything from Mamasan. And, yes, I have every intention of beating this cancer. I may live with it, but I believe I can do that. Certainly I have so many wonderful friends, family and, yes, a wonderful husband. Lee had been so absolutely wonderful to me through this. I thought surely there must be a wee voice somewhere saying, "Here we go, again . . ." since he lost his wife to complications of breast cancer. He has never backed down in the least. If anything he's stood up even taller. I know that God will see me through this and use me to give Him glory. I hope I can make that goal; it's my intention. I'm blessed to have you in my life and thank you for always loving me. Every girl needs a big brother and you've sure been that guy for me for the last 50 years! Thank you!!!

      Delete