Friday, March 1, 2013

Hehe is an example to me.


Hehe the cat is one of the reasons Bob and Mimi need a house sitter.  Hehe has been a part of the family for many years and he has diabetes.  He gets an insulin shot twice a day.  He is the absolute best cat in the world, though.  He is still all cat.  The top picture shows him chowing down on a gecko.  The bottom picture is of him up on his box waiting for me to give him his shot.  He never ran from me or tried to avoid his shot.  He never skipped a purr with a shot or anything else. He still loves to be rubbed, combed and eve raked.  Hehe's still a great hunter.  He does have diabetes, but his life is still good.  He has lots of people who love him and he loves all of them.

I take Hehe as an example to me.  If he can live on and keep on purring, so can I.  He's a wonderful example to me.  He doesn't move quite as quickly or as much as he used to do, but he can still catch a gecko and he purrs through everything.  I'm going to do my best to keep on purring even if I can't move as fast as I used to move.  I thank God for good examples in my life and for my life; I hope to live every day giving Him the glory as long as He sees fit for me to do so.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks posting a cat pic MJ..I've been wanting to see him. He looks like a tough character....I bet he can take anything anyone has to dish out to him (just like you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, we took a picture of me giving him a shot, but I can't find where I've filed it! I may have sent it to you early on, but I doubt if I did because I would have hoped to get a better one. He was so easy to "shoot." But I was always in a hurry to get him done and fix our breakfast or dinner and taking a picture was never on our minds. He is a tough character. He's as gentle as a lamb, but nobody would dare to mess with him; he has claws like razor blades and he's as strong as a panther. I love him dearly. He's so sweet. When I go down to wash clothes he comes up and rubs against me hard enough to knock me over; he insists I'm down there to love on him. Turns out he's right because I can't resist him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that analogy MJ !!! Keep on purring ..........
    hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nancy. A cat lover would get it! :) Love you! Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete