Thursday, March 28, 2013

Missing my dollies!

This is a precious memory from when Gretta and Elena came early to join us in Branson.  We went to the College of the Ozarks for lunch and Elena did such a great job eating.  She was all about that ice cream that came with her dinner, too.  Lee and I were lucky that they were out of the bread pudding that is so yummy there!  I'm committed to not feeding this cancer (Cancer likes sugar.), so I'm glad I wasn't tempted!  Being diabetic he sure doesn't need any bread pudding, either!  I may have cancer, but I'm not going to feed it!  I'm going to make it's existence a tough row to hoe!

We are missing the kids.  That spring break in Branson was such a treat.  Many times Elena climbed up into Lee's lap to count the pages in his book with him.  I know he thinks of her every time he sits down with a book and nobody in his lap these days.  I look at him sitting there with a book and he looks lonely.  I know it's a special treat to recall going over the numbers to 100 with Elena!  Precious, precious memories!

I taught yesterday and today for the 6th grade English and Reading teacher.  It was a little bit of heaven for me.  I love those kids!  I count it a blessing to get to spend spring with the kids and I hope they'll call me a lot to teach.  I sure hope I continue to feel like doing it!  God is great to give me these blessings!

2 comments: