Thursday, March 7, 2013

Took a day of rest.




Bob and Diana came over Saturday bringing Subway sandwiches and a ton of pics Bob has been transferring from old negatives to his computer.  It was fun to go through these with him.  You can see that he and I are totally involved; Diana is glad to see us getting such a kick out of her Christmas present to Bob, but I think she still has trouble understanding the bond between all of us.  Bob and Judy and I went to school together in Japan.  Bob Dwyer, the guy we house sit for in Hawaii was part of that school in Japan, too.  We are all so tight and they are wonderful support for me.

Today Lee and I have totally rested.  We didn't even ever get out of our pajamas.  I think we were both exhausted from the activity, travel and stress pf the last few weeks.  A side effect of the fusion I got Tuesday is flu symptoms for 24 hours.  I sure felt that.  i was so thrilled when those symptoms disappeared, but I still feel weak, like I'm recovering from the flu.  I am just so grateful that we have something to use to fight this cancer.  Mostly I am grateful for Lee who has been absolutely awesome.  When we checked in last night and into the hotel the night before he wouldn't let me touch a thing,  He loaded and unloaded it all.  I know that was hard on him, but I felt too bad to fight him.  I won't be that sick, again, I sure hope!  i don't want to wear him out!  Besides all the work he is like a doting grandpa.  He's all over me to be sure I'm okay.  I've never been so pampered, and I love it!  But, I'm not going to let him do it all ever again

Speaking of Mr. Wonder guy he is nowt starching and ironing his jeans.  What a guy.  I did wash them, but he's doing the hard part!  I never could understand why his jeans had to be starched and ironed, but I'm reading the book "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus," and it's all perfectly clear to me, now.  That a great book.  It should be required reading for any married couple

14 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading this one tonight !
    Would you believe that I "USED" to spray spray starch on my jean and also iron them with a crease down the front....insane !!!
    But everyone has their likes and dislikes....now I dislike ironing anything... used to iron clothes for work each and every day.......now....NOTHING !
    Keep the posts coming MJ, as always and hope you start feeling better and can enjoy Branson while you are there
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ow funny, Nancy. Yes, I used to have a saying, "If it needs ironing it can't live at my house; it needs to find a new home." Then I met Lee; funny how things change. I ironed a shirt for him today and came to the conclusion that I'd rather teach than iron. He can iron whatever he wants to iron, but my back is not up for it! He's a neat dear, and I think he'll do it. God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In fact, Nancy, he offered to starch and iron my jeans and I was horrified! I can't imagine anything more uncomfortable than a pair of jeans that aren't soft! YIKES! Thanks for the offer, but no, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie took over the ironing of his own clothes years ago...I didn't do a good enough job for him (lesson learned ladies). I still do a lot of ironing..I don't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dana, I'm surprised. I use the iron when I sew, but that's it. In fact, one time Bob and Diana were staying with us before they got moved to Hobart and Di asked if I had an iron. I looked the house over and could not find it! (I have a hanger on the back of a closet in the laundry room that holds the ironing board AND the iron. The board was there, but not the iron.) I couldn't even dream of where the iron could be. Di decided to wear something else that didn't have to be ironed and I later found the iron in the basement on the pool table where I had been using it to press seams open. Now, I always know to look there if it's out of it's pocket! I treasure the memories; I wonder if Bob and Di remember that! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, an iron while sewing is an absolute must. This will make you laugh, but Eddie sometimes uses those metal pants stretchers. I bet you remember the large metal wire forms that went in the pant legs. Why he does this I have not idea because he is not a good dresser at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I'm not laughing! I use those big metal pant stretchers, myself! I love 'em! Now, whenever he uses those, think of me with a smile! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am laughing....I have never heard of anyone using those pant stretchers....sounds like I need to get me some to use after eating too much on the weekend !
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, you'll have to find some at an antique store or maybe a yard sale. I got mine at a yard sale. You put the wet jeans onto them and they dry with creases, but not stiff. I love mine!

      Delete
  9. Its not that kind of pants stretcher Nancy..I'll email you a picture of them. They are to get creases in the legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have a pic to send, Dana. I love mine, but I'm not home to take a pic of them.

      Delete
  10. The ones online have a hook type hanger on the end so that you can hang them up....looks better then the old ones we have. I still think they are way more trouble then they are worth

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like it ,......but a very interesting concept !!
    Nancy Pantsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, I really love mine; I think they're worth the effort. :)

    ReplyDelete