Friday, May 17, 2013

Closer and Closer to the Escape!

This pic was taken on the 1st of May.  That's an iris at the top by my hair; I cropped this out of a picture I'd already used with an iris bouquet because I didn't take pictures today; never even bothered with make up today!  Today has been packing day.  I started out with sleeping until 8.  Today was the beginning of my vacation!   Tomorrow we'll head to Branson for a 3 week escape.  I'm packed, but I remembered I've got to get my dress ready to take for Lee's granddaughter's wedding.  We'll go there on our way home.

 Last night I posted a close up and my sister thought it looked like our brother, Jim.  I wonder if she'll see that in tonight's pic.  I sometimes see my mom in me and it's always a surprise.  I really think I look most like our dad, but there is always that mix.  All my life folks said I looked like my brother, but it was kind of hard to fathom because he was 6'2" and had dark brown hair.   I was never taller than 5' and had either blond or dishwater blond hair.  We did both have green eyes.  Anyway, it's fun to play the look alike game.  My sister thinks that our baby sister and I favor and I sometimes see that, too.  I think mostly we both have a lot of teeth for the mouths we were given.  In this picture (and I guess in real life) it looks like I'm dipping snuff!  No snuff for me; just lots of teeth!  My sister used to call me Bugs Bunny because when I lost my baby teeth those two huge front teeth came in in the middle of all those other tiny teeth.  That must have been embarrassing for her because I was always around somewhere giggling!  Thankfully, it didn't last; the others came out and grew back to match those two big ones.  I guess what I missed in height I made up for in teeth?  It's all very interesting to me.  It's what God has given to me, though, and I appreciate it so much.  I thank Him for the opportunity to live and to have family to enjoy favoring.  Wow, when I begin to count my blessings I'm overwhelmed!  Have you counted your blessings lately?  I imagine we could all write a book and most of it would be happy!  Think about your blessings and join me in thanking God.

2 comments:

  1. Yep...I see it; also see the "little eye"...hope you were feeling okay!? Maybe tired? I vaguely remember the "bugs bunny" thing.....wasn't I a sweet sister??!! Sorry! Have a safe trip to Branson! Love U much! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yep, the little eye is so obvious anymore. I don't know if that's about the cancer or fatigue or just age! Anyway, it's very pronounced! You WERE a great big sister. If you hadn't made me know how goofy those teeth were, I'd never have covered my mouth! I got by some folks with that for a while; then you had to correct me from doing that, once all my teeth were grown in. I would have been lost without you to direct me through so much stuff! I think Mom would have just let me go around looking totally like Bugs Bunny. She would have had me wearing my hair in ringlets or a pony tail until I graduated from high school if you hadn't taught me to do something else with it! I was blessed to have you for a big sister, plus you brought a fantastic brother to me with Phil! Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete