Friday, May 10, 2013

So much beauty in one day!

Wow, I couldn't resist cutting these irises today.  I absolutely love them!  Those white ones smell so good, too.  They all do, but the white ones are something else!  I sure thank God for giving me irises every spring.  In the fall I get re-bloomers, too!  I must thank God for my good friend, Joan, who gave me most of the starts for these beauties and my mother in law who planted the original ones out front.  When I moved into this house there was about a 6 foot patch of irises out front.  Now I have them all over the front and back; just love them!

Tonight is prom night in Hobart.  Every year they have a promenade, where all the kids who are going to the prom parade across the courthouse yard and up into the gazebo to be introduced to the crowd.  I've lived here 17 years and never have been until tonight.  Most of the kids who were there tonight have been born since I moved here!  Most of them I've had in class from time to time over the last couple of years.  I was awestruck by them!  They clean up so good and smile so beautifully!  It really did thrill me to see them.  Guess I'll have to go every year, now!  I thank God for the opportunity to get to know these kids; they are treasures in my life.  I pray that their prom adventure will be happy and safe.  Dorothy's great grandson was in the promenade tonight, so she went with me and we had a great time admiring all the folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment