Friday, May 3, 2013

That crazy lady loves irises!



So, here are the irises that I cut to keep from freezing.  There are some out in the garden that did freeze, but I think there are lots that will still bloom.  What a treat! I just love cutting them and bringing them inside.

They didn't call me to sub, again, so I got up and got ready in case they called.  When they didn't I went back to bed.  I do really good when I can sleep until 10!  I don't need a nap, then!  I guess I tag my nap onto my night's sleep.  I'm blessed that Lee can sleep with me.

I got some more loose ends tied up around here today.  Man, there always seem to be so many loose ends.  I got the laundry done that I had started yesterday.  It's nice when I don't sub, but when I sub the paycheck is better.  :)  We did get a freeze last night; it was 29 when I got up this morning.  It hit 69 this afternoon, though, so it warmed up nicely.  I am so grateful for the warmth!  I have so much for which to be grateful!  I'm already scheduled to work 2 days next week, so I know I'll have that much.  I'm so proud of all the kids.  They're really doing well in sports.  The girls and the guys both took regionals in track!  The guys won their softball tournament last week.  It really warms my heart to see these kids be able to excel even in extracurricular activities.  I am so hooked on these kids; I thank God for them in my life, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment