Saturday, May 11, 2013

You may be tired of irises, but I'm not!

I can't get enough of the irises; can you tell?  It was warm today and I laid on the deck and enjoyed 86 degrees!  It was great to come into a cool kitchen that smelled of irises, too!  These are my Mothers' Day flowers and I thank God for them!  These white ones look like a wedding dress to me and the dark ones look so royal.  I think their name is midnight caller.  I'm just so thrilled to have these after two late freezes.  This may be my last cutting until the fall when some of them will bloom, again.

Today has been a nice day.  I loved sleeping late!  Lee has spent most of the day sleeping in his recliner.  The pills he's taking really wipe him out.  His throat is not as sore, so maybe they are working.  I think he shouldn't go to church tomorrow because I'd hate for him to pass it around to someone.  Besides, I don't think he can stay awake and I know he doesn't feel like getting out.  So, tomorrow will be a short day for me at church.  They're having a big Mothers' Day meal, but I'm skipping that to come home and eat with Lee.  I'm going to pick up Dorothy for Sunday School and then her grandson and his family are coming to meet her for church and the dinner afterwards.  I'll come on home and they'll take her home.  Tomorrow will be another off day for me, but I sub on Monday and Tuesday; I don't know about any other days.  We leave for Branson next Saturday, so I hope I'll have some time to get ready to go.  I'd better do laundry tomorrow since I didn't today!

I wish beautiful flowers to you to represent a beautiful year for all you mothers out there!  Take time to 'smell the roses.'


No comments:

Post a Comment