Friday, May 31, 2013

Stormy day!

There were storms in the OKC area tonight, and Lee and I spent the whole evening watching it all on TV.  This pic I got last Sunday while I was waiting for Lee to get ready for church.  I'm standing in our kitchen; off to the side is the dining table and the laptop.  If I wasn't watching TV today, then I was on the laptop messaging with Gretta or Trish or Sadie.  As much as possible we've eaten on the screened in balcony over the lake, so the table had pretty much been my 'office.'  Praise God:  all our families are okay!  It's been hair and some of them are still on the road getting home after running from the tornadoes.

I feel like I've been through a washer wringer and I was just watching from afar and attempting to keep in touch with everyone.  I can only imagine how frustrating it's been for all of those who were in it.  Lee's sister is still doing her best to get home with her two grand kids.  She was babysitting and got separated from Lee's brother in another car in the traffic.  I'll feel better when I know she  and the kids are home, safe!  I trust God to handle it, but the devil keeps telling me to sweat; that rascal! 

2 comments:

  1. Poor Oklahomians! All these awful storms in the same places! So glad to hear that everyone you know and love are okay. We were worried! It is so hot here in Tennessee. Tom's three nieces from Maryland will be vacationing on Tims Ford Lake the middle of June so we are looking forward to seeing them. Glad y'all are ok, love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda! How wonderful that Tom's nieces are coming this month! I know you will love seeing them! Oklahomans are amazingly resilient; praise God it hasn't been worse than it has! Look forward to seeing you in September!

    ReplyDelete