Sunday, May 19, 2013

Such as It Is.

For some reason my camera was set on a setting for up close pictures.  That makes all my pictures blurry unless I'm taking a picture of something up close.  I think I have it set right, now, but most of the pictures I took today were blurry.  This is one that the camera took before I got into position.  It was fairly clear, so I used it.  I also like it because it shows Lee in his element.  He is at his best when he's helping me.  He is so kind.  When he hears a crash in the kitchen, he'll say, "Do you need some help?"  He says that a lot when there is no crash, too, and he really does love to help.  What a sweetheart he is and how blessed I am to have him and his great help!

Bless his heart, Thursday when I was working in the yard after school, he came home from his trip to OKC to see his dentist.  In a few minutes he was outside with me in his grubby clothes to help me.  I did my best to explain to him that just because I have a wild hair to do some crazy project doesn't mean that he has to join me in it.  "Oh, yes; this is a partnership.  If you've got a project then I've got a project, too."  I'm amazed at him.  I'm going to have to be more thoughtful when I get these wild hairs; I don't want to abuse him!  I do love his help and his attitude is precious.  I thank God for blessing me with this wonderful companion.

This morning I could not rouse him for church.  He was absolutely worn out from yesterday.  We have to remember that we can't do things just because we have the idea; it takes energy, too!  Anyway, I finally decided that he could worship better from the bed than if I drug him out of bed and to church to sleep!  I left his coffee made and breakfast makings out and ready for  him and left him a note telling him where I was.  When I got home he was all rested and ready to attack the day.  We did some simple hiking around our condo, here.  Then we went down to the Landing and walked around a bit.  It was a gorgeous day and we give thanks for it.  There were storms at home last night, but we give thanks that there was no damage and we got over 2 inches of rain.  Our God is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment