Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Looks like a wedding dress to me!

This is one of the last irises of spring.  I can't get over it's beauty and thank God for it and all the many beautiful things in my life.  Wow!  It was in the 90's here, again, today.  I love this weather!

Lee just went to the dentist in OKC, yesterday, with a tooth he broke last Friday.  Then tonight he broke another tooth!  Looks like we may be going to the city to see his dentist, again, tomorrow!  I'm not scheduled to sub, so I may get to go with him.  If they call me to sub, I'll probably do it, though, because that will pay for his gas to make the trip.  I'm scheduled to sub on Thursday, so maybe I'll get an off day tomorrow.  If they offer me something I don't want to do I'll just take an off day.  We're all counting down the days, now, so the kids are harder than ever to handle. I don't like just being a kid police; it's more fun to sub when all our hearts are in it!

I'm feeling really good, if you're wondering about that.  I am so grateful for the treatments they have found for me.  They seem to be working to keep the cancer on the run and keep me feeling good.  Wow; God is good to us!  I have the treatment once every 4 weeks and I am taking no drugs in the meantime.  I really feel so blessed and thank God for this extra time and comfort.  Thank you for caring to keep up with us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo & Lee! I was wondering if you receive your treatments via IV? Is it chemotherapy? We have some beautiful irises now too! They look like orchids, so big and pretty and the colors are outstanding! Love you, miss you, see you sometime this summer! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda. I guess that it is technically chemotherapy because it's chemicals and it's therapy, but it's not a bit like the old chemo I used to get. I don't have any side effects from it and my hair is staying! I don't have to have a pic line to get it; they just find a vein in the back of my hand and I get a drip for about 30 minutes; then they flush it and I'm done. Well, that's one thing. The other thing is I get a big ole shot in each hip with really thick stuff, so it hurts to go in, but it only lasts about 30 seconds each. Then that gets sore, but it's all so much better than chemo was! It's working, though, so I thank God and I thank Him that it's easy on me, too. I only do it once every 4 weeks. Glad you're enjoying great irises, too! Love and miss you and looking forward to whenever we can come that direction!

    ReplyDelete