Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Miniature Roses.


I have planted some sweet basil out in the planter box in back of the house.  In that planter is also the little miniature rose bush that Don's mother planted.  Of course, I love those roses and think of her as I enjoy them!  One was fully open today and another was just a little bud; naturally, I cut them and brought them in to enjoy with the last of the irises.  I thank God for these awesome pieces of His handiwork!  I'm afraid I'm going to miss my magnolia tree blooming while we're gone; maybe it will hold on for me; we'll see. I'm remembering why I like to leave in the winter and stay home in the spring, summer and fall; I love when my yard work 'talks back to me.'  I will miss something, but we will enjoy our escape to Branson!

We didn't get to go to the city to see Lee's dentist today.  They couldn't work him in until tomorrow.  I was already committed to sub tomorrow, so he'll be going by himself.  We spent today working in the yard together, though.  It was nice!  There are still weeds out there attempting to win, but I'll get them before it's over.  We made a dent in the job today.  I am so grateful to be able to work in the yard.  God blesses me with strength and flowers that 'talk' to me.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment