Thursday, May 2, 2013

Doris and Jerry.

This is the pic I got of Doris and Jerry at Gringo's.   It's always fun to go to Gringo's!  Really, anyplace with Doris and Jerry is fun and I'm so grateful for the opportunities to share fun times with them.  They are the best to share tough times, too!  I am so blessed to have such gracious people in my life and close (not close in miles, but in heart)!

Today they didn't call me to sub, so Lee and I slept late!  That was a great way to start the day!  Then we went to Lawton and bought a new back door, which we will have installed as soon as the guy who does it gets around to it.  We wanted to go today so that we'll have it in case he can do it tomorrow.  In this little town we've got to be prepared for whenever the workmen appear.

I've cut all my irises that are blooming and I cut some from Joan's yard, too.  She thinks the freeze we've got coming tonight will finish off the irises for this year.  I sure hope she's wrong!  I absolutely love the irises.  Last year they were cut short by a hail storm that shredded them.  The year before that they were cut short by the drought.  I was so hoping for a great year this year.  It's a blessing I count to have ANY, and I got a great answer to my cancer treatment prayer, so I'm going to love whatever irises I get and not complain.  God gives us what we need!  I'll get pictures of these to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment