Monday, March 31, 2008

Treatment #21 done; 9 more to go!


7490 Brompton, Apt. 442
Houston, TX 77025
713-660-7816
donshnell@sbcglobal.net

Today’s picture is of Colter and Luke comparing notes over their Easter baskets. They are really good babies. We’ve been so blessed to be with them so much over the last year. Thank you, God.

Today has been a regular sort of day. We walked the rest of Herman Park today and found a Japanese garden, even! It was a great day for walking because it was cloudy, so we were warm but not melting. Then we came home and had lunch and the sun came out so we could go get some sun at the pool. It was windy, so once the wind blew my MD Anderson ID card out of my book and I had to retrieve it from the pool! A little while later the wind blew my shoe into the pool! I’m at home with the wind, but the pool is what is unfamiliar! Nobody was there but us, so it was pretty easy to recover my goods.

All that walking today (73 minutes!) and my knee didn’t swell! It was growling at me over it, but it managed the walk. God is sure good to us! I thank Him for a husband to hold my hand through all this, and the knees to carry me!

Tomorrow I see the radiology oncologist; that should be interesting. I have some little blisters forming on my chest and it is really itching. I don’t think they will cut back on the radiation, but I think they will just take an approach of dealing with the problems as they occur. After all, our goal is to give me as much radiation as I can tolerate in hopes that it will kill any cancer cells that could be remaining. I’m all for that, so I’m not complaining. I’m glad God has me in His hands, though. I do have some ointment for the itching and it helps. I thank God for compassionate and skilled doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment