Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bandage Sunday

The picture tonight was taken this morning. I meant to wear a pink blouse instead of the black shell with this outfit, but the sleeve wouldn’t fit over my arm and the bandage. UGH. Check out I even wore eyeliner and a little shadow today. I promise not to paint. I drew on an eyebrow but washed it clean because I looked like a clown. If you click on this picture and look close you’ll see all the fuzz on my face. I guess I always had this much fuzz, but I never noticed it so much until it was the first thing to come back when my hair started coming back. Those flowers are all from Joan’s garden. She brought them last week and I arranged them with the bow I’ve saved from Gretta’s mother’s day flowers. It’s been so dry here that it’s a wonder she’s been able to keep pretty flowers in her yard. My rebloomers aren’t blooming yet.

This was a hard day because this bandage is driving me crazy. I woke up several times last night with it hurting and itching. Finally at 5 this morning I got up and removed it. I was whipped. We put it back on an hour later to walk, and then took it off to bathe and then put it back on before church. Then it fell off in church! I don’t know what happened, but there must have been a loose connection because it just started unraveling near the wrist. I was thrilled to take it off!

Three friends from church had fallen and ended up in the hospital this week, so I was reminded how blessed I am! I can walk! I must walk it well. I have a bandage, but I don’t have a cast! I can take the bandage off for relief. I’m clean from cancer! I have so much for which to be thankful! There’s way so much more for me to give thanks! God has so blessed me. I don’t mean to be whining about this lymphedema, but I want to be honest and admit that it’s a struggle for me. God will see me through it. Thanks so much for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment