Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a sweet nap!


The picture tonight is David and Dorothy. They are so tired of him being in the hospital and are sure praying that his X-ray in the morning will be clear. If it is he can go home. They want that so badly, so I sure hope he can be clear for it! It’s been fun for us to have Dorothy stay with us; we call that her bedroom. They stayed here once before when they were treating their house and the air was hard on David, so that bed has always been ‘theirs.’ Daniel used their room, but he moved most of his stuff out last week, so Dorothy was comfortable to go back to ‘her’ bed. Daniel came and got the last of his stuff today, so it’s truly Dorothy’s bed, now.

Today was the fellowship meal after church and I ate more than I’ve eaten since I can remember. I came home stuffed like a toad and took a 3-hour nap! Can you believe it? I’ve been getting up at 5:30 to walk, so I guess I was exhausted. I slept like a brick. I haven’t been napping lately, so that was such a treat. Thank you, God! I didn’t get anything else done, but I got the rest! The other stuff I meant to do can wait. (hemming those other capris)

Someone left a voice mail on my cell phone today and I can’t retrieve it. It’s always dangerous to leave a message on the cell phone because I may not get it anytime soon. Always keep calling until you get us if it’s important. I thank God for the cell phone, though; it keeps us mostly in touch and that means a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, I have had intentions to write you for a long time. Every day when I read you updates, I think I need to send her a comment. I always think you have too much to do than check for comments from me. I just have to say how much I do enjoy all the pictures and updates. The pictures of the little ones are so precious. The one of Precious Rainey going for surgery actually brought tears. That was so precious and the one with her tongue sticking out a little in case anyone wanted a peek in her mouth. ha I am so happy you can be such a help to Dorothy and David. What a Friend you are. I can imagine just how thankful they are and I sure hope he can go home. I know what that is all about with Frazier being in the hospital. Only I stayed at the hospital day and night. Came home long enough for shower and clean outfit. He wanted me to stay and I wanted to.
    Jane has been gone to Indiana for 2 weeks last Friday and will be home as we know now, Wed. She keeps changing the dates and that is Ok. She is working around her house beautifying it since it is on the market. We sure wish she could sell it. It is costing her a lot upkeep and payments.
    Your Sister and Brother-in-law are just the greatest. They sure do look out for us. Oh how Thankful we are for them. And Thankful we can keep in touch with you. Hope you can keep this going. Take care and tell all hello. We love and appreciate you and Don and all your Family and Friends.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dot and Frazier! It's so good to hear from you again! Thanks for expressing that you enjoy the pictures. I always figure people will get tired of looking at the pictures, but the pictures say more than the text!

    Everyone is touched by that sweet picture of Raynie in her little hospital gown! Bless you for sharing tears with us!

    We are so blessed to get to help David and Dorothy. They are delightful to us and to be any help is such joy to us. Dorothy would have been at the hospital day and night with David, too, except nobody would allow it! With her recovering from back surgery and with a broken wrist, there is just no way she could have been comfortable enough to rest there. She spent the nights here, but she went over for breakfast and stayed until bedtime. We're suffering withdrawals tonight without her here!

    I know you'll be glad when Jane gets back. I hope her house sells soon, so she can have that off her back.

    Thanks so much for writing! Take care of yourselves, and let Ruthie and Phil have the joy of helping, too!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete