Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Every day is an exercise day. August 20, 08

The picture on the blog is me holding the cane over my head; one of my exercises. They seem to be working, so I am diligent with them. I do over 20; I haven't counted, but I have to keep track of them with several sheets of paper where they are listed and explained.


Today we are on the road to see Don's brother, Gene. I'm not sure if I'll have access to the internet, so I'm writing this ahead of time and Trish can post if for me if I don't get it done. Bad news travels fast, so if you're seeing this you know that we are traveling safely. I plan to get up an hour ahead of time so that I can do all my exercises before we go. Then I'll do them again when we get to the motel. I have to do them twice a day. I'll be doing lots along the way as we travel, too, to keep my arm from swelling.


We'll not only see Gene, but we'll get to see his daughter, Mary Beth, too. This is a really quick trip, so we'll probably miss seeing her husband, David. That's a shame. He's they guy who prayed thanking God for putting us into families. That struck me and I've never forgotten to continue to thank God for that. Wouldn't it be horrible to be on this earth individually? Family and friends are the best! God is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Trish is a life saver! I thought we couldn't connect so I called her to post for me and she did it RIGHT THEN! I Called back to tell her I was connecting, but it was already done. Wow! Tomorrow is the first day of school for 5 of her kids and they're already in bed and she's up doing work for me! Thanks a million, Trish!

    We've had a great day. We got a bonus and got to see Donna, Gene's middle daughter, as she came in just as we were leaving. We're exhausted and headed to bed. I have some exercises to do, but I did most of them in the car.

    Thanks for keeping up with us!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete