Thursday, August 7, 2008

Everybody is getting better.


The picture tonight was taken tonight at the hospital when we went to visit and then bring Dorothy home. She stayed the whole day with David. He’s feeling a good bit better today. They took x-rays and he still has pneumonia, but his lungs are clearing a little. They started a new antibiotic in addition to the one he’s been taking. We’re just so glad that he was feeling a good bit better today.

I got all my exercises done that the therapist ordered yesterday. I had to set up a pulley in the basement for one of them, but I had a pulley and some handles I could rig to make it work, so I got that done, too. I feel like my arm is responding to the exercise and the massaging. It’s still swollen, but I think it looks like it’s not at tight. I might be dreaming, but I might be right!

David and I thank God for improvement in the right direction even if it’s baby steps. The right direction is a good thing. We are enjoying Dorothy here so much. I wish David would come here when he leaves the hospital, but I think he’ll want badly to go home. I understand that, but if he’d come here I could help them a lot. It’s really hard for Dorothy to do much with that broken wrist. We’ll see.

Today I got a lot of our plans made for our trip to Las Vegas in September. We have an Itazuke reunion out there as well as a stockholder meeting we need to attend for a Botanical Gardens on the Big Island. The best thing is that Jeff and Jeanette and the girls live there and we’ll get to see them. Jessie will have ballgames (fast pitch) and we’ll get to see her play, so that’ll be wonderful! We’ll be gone for almost a month; I have some nights to fill with plans, but I’ll work on it some more tomorrow. I thank God for the opportunity to travel and the health! I thank Him for pulling David through this tough breathing spell, Dorothy through her surgery and fall, and me through this lymphedema.

No comments:

Post a Comment